Kelly Smith is an entrepreneurial technologist. He is the former Starbucks innovation director and recently is working as the Chief Strategy Officer in Hagerty. Leveraging 25 years of experience, he has functioned as a strategist, digital business leader, product designer, engineering team leader, marketer, entrepreneur, and occasional investor in Fortune 100 and start-up roles across Asia, Europe, and the US. His knowledge of automotive, hospitality, food/beverage, retail, and venture-funded software companies, along with experience at the board level, developing strategic partnerships, marketing plans, business plans, mergers, and acquisitions is a great fortune for every related startup.
Kelly has founded several venture-backed companies:
- Zapd – sold to RealSelf (2014)
- Scoutzie – YCombinator class (2012)
- Inkd – sold to AlphaGraphics (2013)
- Imagekind – sold to CafePress (2010)
- MadRaces – sold to BetaWorks (2010)
- RocketVox – sold to thePlatform (a Comcast company 2006)