- General Terms
- Using Our Terms
4.1. General Use
4.2. SOSV Platforms and User Accounts
4.3. Communications from SOSV and other Users
4.4. Use of Insignia
5.1. Content Guidelines
5.2. Responsibility For Your Content
5.3. Use Of Your Content
5.5. Feedback And Suggestions
- Event Guidelines
7.1. Events And Acceptance Of Terms
7.2. Assumption Of Risk
7.5. Unofficial Events
- Privacy, Copyright And Trademark Disputes
8.2. Copyright And Trademark Disputes
- Third Parties
- No Offer, Solicitation, Advice or Recommendation
- Disclaimers And Limitations Of Liability
- Choice of Law And Venue
- “You” and “your” refer to you, as a user of our Services. A “user” is someone who accesses, posts, edits, browses, or in any way uses our Services.
- “We,” “us,” and “our” refer to SOSV.
- “Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video and all other forms of data or communication.
- “Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with our Services, such as posts, comments, invitations, messages, and information that you publicly display.
- “User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with our Services.
- “SOSV Content” means Content that we create and make available in connection with our Services.
- “Third Party Content” means Content that originates from parties other than SOSV or its users, which is made available in connection with our Services.
- “Site Content” means all of the Content that is made available in connection with our Services, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and SOSV Content.
- “SOSV Platform(s)” means the SOSV Portal, Slack, and any other platforms or systems hosted or facilitated by SOSV and made available to you from time to time.
- “SOSV Platform Community” means accepted members/users of the SOSV Platforms.
3. General Terms
3.1. We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue our Services at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
3.2. We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through our Services
3.3. Except as otherwise stated below, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
3.4. The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of our Services, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
3.5. Any failure on SOSV’s part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
3.6. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
3.7. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with SOSV’ prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void.
3.8. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
4. Using Our Terms
4.1. General Use
We may modify these Terms from time to time. You understand and agree that your access to or use of our Services is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to or use of our Services. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will post a revised version of the Terms on our Site with the date of such revision made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you and continued access to or use of our Services after the effective date of modifications to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modifications.
We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you in accordance with the terms below. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
To access or use our Services, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms. You may not access or use our Services if we have previously banned you from our Site or closed your account.
We grant you permission to use our Services subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of our Services is at your own risk.
4.2. SOSV Platform And User Accounts
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through our Services. You are responsible for your account, any passwords used, any content shared and for any and all access to your SOSV Account and SOSV Platforms. You agree to report any breach or unauthorised access to your account. SOSV retains the right to close your account at any time at our discretion.
If you are a confirmed SOSV Platform user you can use our general Services and subject to our content guidelines below use the SOSV Platform to utilize our Services to access resources, post materials, events, announcements and relevant news to other SOSV Platform Community members.
4.3. Communications From SOSV And Other Users
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with your use of our Services. For example, you might receive questions or requests from other Users related to information or events you post on using our Services (for example you may receive emails or communications in accordance with the contact details you disclose or you may receive direct messages through instant messaging service, Slack).
If you have subscribed to them, and in accordance with our Privacy Statement you may also receive email newsletters or invitations to events. We provide unsubscribe links in all of our email footers if you no longer wish to receive those communications from us.
4.4. Use Of Insignia
As a member of the SOSV Platform Community, you may use the SOSV trademarks and service marks in connection with your use of our Services as long as you comply with the branding use guidelines provided on our SOSV website, as may be amended from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that how you utilize our Services as a member impacts our brand. Accordingly, you agree not to utilize our Services in a manner that diminishes and/or tarnishes our image and/or reputation, and that we may terminate your status as a member of the SOSV Platform Community (a “Member”) and/or license to use our Services immediately if you do so. You may not receive compensation or favor from third parties in connection with your status as a Member. In addition, you may not enter into any form of agreement on behalf of SOSV without our written approval.
Likewise you agree that we may use your trademarks and service marks in so far as is required for the running of the SOSV Platform and in any other context as agreed to by you (i.e. as a term of any other contract you are party to with SOSV).
5.1. Content Guidelines
The purpose of our Services is to promote the SOSV Community. They are not intended to be utilized as a forum for solicitation for investment, for the provision of any form of specialised advice, or for commercial gain by its users. Any content or resources attributed to or taken from the SOSV website is for information purposes only and does not constitute any form of specialised or professional advice.
5.2. Responsibility For Your Content
You alone are responsible for Your Content and assume all risks associated with Your Content. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein.
You may expose yourself to liability if, and on a non exhaustive basis:
(i) Your Content contains defamatory or misleading information;
(ii) violates any third-party right intellectual property rights;
(iii) contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; or
(iv) violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
5.3. Use Of Your Content
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of our Services and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of our Services and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against SOSV and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and SOSV, you own Your Content. We own the SOSV Content, including but not limited to the visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design and all other elements and components of our Services excluding Your Content, User Content, and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the SOSV Content and our Services, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the SOSV Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to our Services and the SOSV Content are retained by us.
5.5. Feedback And Suggestions
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against SOSV and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
6.1. You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use our Services to:
- Violate our Content or Event Guidelines as set forth in these Terms;
- Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- Violate any applicable law.
6.2. You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate the Terms;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit our Services or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by SOSV;
- Reverse engineer any portion of our Services;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of our Services or on any materials printed or copied from our Services;
- Record, process, or mine information about other companies and/or users;
- Reformat or frame any portion of our Services;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Services, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to our Services through hacking, password mining or any other means
- Use our Services or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”);
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of our Services, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services;
- Use our Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, our Services or Site Content;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services.
7. Event Guidelines
7.1. Events And Acceptance Of Terms
SOSV hosts a number of events or such similar gatherings, meet ups, promotions etc “SOSV Event” or may promote other third party hosted events or gatherings etc. on its Services “Non-SOSV Event”, collectively (the “Events”).
In order to participate or attend any Events you must agree to the terms in this Section 6. If you find that you cannot or will not agree to such terms, please do not RSVP to or attend any Events. If you RSVP to any Events through our Services, you hereby indicate that you have read, understand and agree to these event terms.
If you are employed by SOSV these Terms will govern your participation in any Event to the extent such Terms are not inconsistent with SOSV’s standard employment agreements or policies).
7.2. Assumption Of Risk
Although we try to create a safe environment at SOSV Events, accidents may occur.
- You agree to carefully consider the inherent risks in any activities that you choose to take part in and to take reasonable precautions before you choose to attend or participate at a SOSV Event.
- For example, you should ensure that you are in good physical health before engaging in any physical activity at an SOSV Event, and you should always drink responsibly given the risks associated with any activities while your judgment is impaired.
- Second, please note that some of the other SOSV Event guests may be less responsible than you, and may themselves create additional risks to you despite their best intentions.
- In summary, you understand that your attendance and participation at SOSV Events is voluntary, and you agree to assume responsibility for any resulting injuries to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. By the same token, you agree that SOSV is not responsible for any injuries you might sustain at Non-SOSV Events listed on our Services.
- You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, or assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, SOSV and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees, vendors, sponsors and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, losses or expenses (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your attendance at any SOSV Event or Non-SOSV Event, except for any gross negligence or willful misconduct on our part.
- You further agree to indemnify and hold SOSV, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to, related to, or connected with your attendance or conduct at any SOSV Event or Non-SOSV Event.
SOSV and its sponsors and vendors sometimes take photos and videos at SOSV Events, and later use them for promotional purposes. By participating or attending any SOSV Event, you agree that you may appear in some of these photos and videos, and you authorize their use in this fashion. In addition, if you take any photos or videos of attendees at a SOSV Event and provide them to us, you authorize us to use them in the same fashion, and represent that the attendees that appear in your photos and videos have consented to such use. We do not control Non-SOSV Events or the people that organize them. It is possible that organizers or attendees of Non-SOSV Events will take photos or shoot videos in which you appear and then post them online (including, possibly, on our Services). By RSVP’ing to a Non-SOSV Event through our Services, you authorize SOSV’ use of such media for promotion purposes.
While we hope not to, we may prohibit your attendance at any SOSV Event at any time if you fail to abide by the Terms, including this Section 6, or for any or no reason, without notice or liability of any kind. We reserve the right to cancel any SOSV Event at any time, for any reason, and without liability or prejudice.
7.4. Unofficial Events
From time to time, members of the SOSV community organize their own meet-ups and events. Such events are Non-SOSV Events and are not sponsored or endorsed by SOSV, even when promoted through our Services. All terms and conditions related to Non-SOSV Events apply equally to such events. If you organize such an event, you agree not to create the impression that it is sponsored or endorsed by SOSV. You agree that you will not represent yourself as an employee, representative, or agent of SOSV.
8. Privacy and Copyright/Trademark Disputes
Your use of our Services is subject to SOSV’s Privacy Statement.
8.1. Copyright And Trademark Disputes
If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed through our Services or wish to enquire as to why your content was removed from our website, please send us a written notice with all relevant information along with your contact details to:
12 South Mall
Or by email to
We will respond to all such notices and comply with applicable law. We reserve the right to remove content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
9. Third Parties
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on our Services. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold SOSV, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the “SOSV Entities“) harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of our Services, (ii) your violation of the Terms, or (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. SOSV reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of SOSV. SOSV will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
11. No Offer, Solicitation, Advice, or Recommendation
Except to the extent expressly set forth in materials as may be provided through a password protected area on the SOSV website (the “Materials“), or as otherwise expressly specified by SOSV in writing, nothing on the website is intended to constitute (i) an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to purchase or sell any security, other asset or service, (ii) investment advice or an offer to provide such advice, or (iii) a basis for making any investment decision. Except as expressly stated by SOSV in writing, neither the website nor any of the Materials make any effort to present a comprehensive or balanced description of SOSV or its investment activities.
12. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE SOSV ENTITIES TO YOU. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACCESSING OR USING OUR SERVICES. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
12.1. OUR SERVICES ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH THE EXPRESS UNDERSTANDING THAT THE SOSV ENTITIES MAY NOT MONITOR, CONTROL, OR VET USER CONTENT. AS SUCH, YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE SOSV ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF OUR SERVICES, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, THE SOSV ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM OUR SERVICE’S INOPERABILITY, UNAVAILABILITY OR SECURITY VULNERABILITIES OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF OUR SERVICES, OR INFORMATION FOUND ON, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES.
12.2. THE SOSV ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, SUCH AS THE BUSINESSES OR EVENTS HOSTED BY THIRD PARTIES LISTED ON OUR SERVICES OR OUR SERVICE’S USERS. ACCORDINGLY, THE SOSV ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS. YOUR ATTENDENCE AT EVENTS AND/OR USE OF SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
12.3. THE SOSV ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE EVENTS LISTED ON OUR SERVICES, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
12.4. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH OUR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF OUR SERVICES.
12.5. THE SOSV ENTITIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE SOSV ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) €100.
12.6. THE SOSV ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
13. Choice Of Law And Venue
The laws in accordance with the jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and SOSV (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE COURTS LOCATED IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND.
14.1. You may terminate the Terms at any time by discontinuing your use of our Services, requesting to close your account and providing SOSV with a written notice of termination to compliance@SOSV.com.
14.2. We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of our Services, and/or ban you altogether from our Services for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, our Services, Your Content, Site Content, or any other related information.
14.3. In the event of any termination of these Terms, whether by you or us, the relevant Sections will continue in full force and effect, including our right to use Your Content as detailed in Section 5.
Last updated: July 13, 2022